I do not own any of the content posted here.
What is your favorite MM book
I think I’d say my favourite MM book is “Fragments" purely because it is filled with Marilyn’s own writing. That book is one of the reasons I originally fell in love with her; because I was able to relate on such a personal level.
If you’re looking for books about MM however, then I’d recommend:
- "MM: Private and Undisclosed" by Michele Morgan
- "Marilyn Monroe, The Biography" by Donald Spoto
- "The secret life of Marilyn Monroe" by Randy J Taraborrelli
- "My Story" by Marilyn and Ben Hecht
Finally, if it’s photo books/coffee table books you’re after then I’d suggest:
- “Marilyn by Magnum” – Beautiful photos of Marilyn by a variety of photographers.
- “Marilyn, Initmate Exposures” - by Bernard of Hollywood – This book has a number of early shots of Marilyn and is just a beautiful book as a whole.
- “The Lost Look Photos August 1953” - Photographs by John Vachon. Lots of stunning photos in this one. Personally photos of Marilyn from the 50s are my favourite.
- “Marilyn Monroe: Metamorphosis” by David Wills – if you’re only looking for one photography book this is definitely the one you should get. It’s wonderful.
Hope this was helpful!